How can we help you?
We are happy to answer questions about our services and procedures.
These are a selection of some common questions that patients have. If your question isn't answered here, please contact our office. It's important to us that our patients understand their dental care.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY
More than ever, infection control will be our top priority. To better inform you and set your mind at ease, I want to share with you our new protocols designed with your family’s health in mind.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). On a daily basis, we will follow the activities of these agencies to remain up-to-date on new rulings or guidance.
CHANGES YOU’LL NOTICE ON YOUR NEXT VISIT
- We have purchased a medical-grade air purifier with HEPA filters for our office. Medify Air Purifier is the highest standard for clean air.
- To minimize and remove droplets and aerosols, we utilize multiple Extra-oral Dental Suction System units (ADS) during treatment; H14 HEPA Filter, Medical grade UV-C lights.
- Appointments will be managed to facilitate social distancing guidelines between patients.
- Throughout our office, we will provide you with hand sanitizers (to be used upon entering).
- We ask all parents to minimize the number of family members at our office; therefore, one parent per child, please.
- Regrettably, magazines, children’s toys, and so forth will no longer be provided (to prevent the spread of germs, bacteria, and viruses).
- Most pediatric practices have ‘open bay style treatment areas.’ We are one of a select few practices with private enclosed rooms (limiting your contact and exposure with others).
- Dr. Abazari and Team will be screened daily to ensure that our team members are healthy at the office.
- Dr. Abazari and staff will be changing their Protective equipment (PPE) per patient.
- You will receive a text or email 48 hours before your child’s appointment with a CO VID-19 pre-screening questionnaire. It must be completed 24 hours before the appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please knock on our door. We will then confirm that you can come on in, or we may ask that you wait for a few minutes to assure social distancing and to allow to thoroughly sanitize the treatment room to protect you and your child.
- You and your child’s temperature will be taken upon entering our office.
- We are asking parents to please wear a mask upon entering our office. We will gladly provide you with one if you do not have a mask.
- We use Disinfectant Fogger. This fogger generates aerosolized Hypochlorous Acid that kills microbial pathogens in the air and surface instantly. We use the fogger multiple times a day!
We will be phasing our treatment from emergency and urgent care first and then non-aerosol producing treatment, and then treatment will produce minimal aerosol.
As always, we will wear fun accessories to make your child’s visit a personable and happy experience. To make an appointment, please call our office or visit our website.
Health Screening Before and During Your Visit
As mentioned, prior to your appointment, we will visit with you by phone (generally) or via email (if necessary) to confirm your appointment and to ask you some health questions related to COVID-19. When you actually come in for your appointment (generally, there are a few days between these events), we will ask the same health questions again to ensure nothing has changed since our phone visit. This is a copy of the screening questions from the American Dental Association that we will be using.
Click HERE to fill out our Online COVID Screening Form before your visit
Click HERE to download our COVID Screening Form to fill out before your visit
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at (650) 282-5758. If you have any questions in the office, please do ask. Our goal is to provide you with the best care and the safest environment possible with this COVID-19 protocol.
We value your trust and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Abazari and Team
Your Child’s First Visit
If you are in pain, then you are having a dental emergency. Call us right away so that we can examine you, diagnose the problem, and create a treatment plan. Other signs that indicate the need for an emergency appointment include:
- A pimple-like lesion on your gum
- A broken or cracked tooth
- A foreign object lodged between your teeth
- Swelling in the gum
- A broken or lost dental restoration such as a filling or a crown
Patient Comfort and Sedation
Composite fillings bond directly to your tooth, which results in less healthy tooth removal. Amalgam fillings require additional drilling to provide anchors for the solid amalgam. Composite fillings are not as hard and inflexible as amalgam fillings, which means stresses caused by biting and chewing can be distributed more naturally and reduce the risk of your tooth cracking.
Invisalign Clear Aligners
Invisalign is a great option for both adults and teenagers. In fact, Invisalign has a product created specifically for teenagers – Invisalign Teen. So if your teenager needs to have crooked teeth or other dental flaws corrected, call our office and schedule an appointment to discuss Invisalign Teen.